The Ten Commandments of Terrible Spring Weather
This has been a very rainy and cool start to the spring season in Upstate New York. Cool and wet enough to remind everyone of that very important list of 'dos and don'ts' when it comes to tolerating Mother Nature's unpredictable prelude to summer. So, with tongue in cheek, I present to you my...
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF OUR COOL AND RAINY SPRING IN UPSTATE NEW YORK
10. Thou had better not forget to turn on the sump pump in the basement.
9. Thou shalt not plant your garden until Memorial Day because of possible freezing temperatures…and by June, you still might not be safe.
8. Thou shalt not shoot the messenger as we all know, the meteorologist doesn’t make the weather. They just report on it.
7. Remember the Sun? Yeah…well, most of us have forgotten what it looks like. If we’relucky, maybe we’ll get to see it again someday.
6. Honor thy pharmacist because without their drugs your allergies are going to be brutal this spring
5. Thou shalt run out in between downpours to mow the lawn.
4. Honor thy mother’s wishes and stop tracking mud through the house.
3. Thou had better prepare for mosquitos and black flies.
2. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s trip to Florida in search of better weather
1. Remain optimistic, even if thou ‘thinketh’ this just might be the crappiest spring ever!!!
Check out my Facebook or Twitter page and feel free to add your own commandments. It's just another way to pass the 'spring' time.
Follow Bill Keeler on Facebook