Triple Homicide Suspect Pleads Not Guilty [VIDEO]
The Utica man accused of murdering three members of his family entered a not guilty plead during his arraignment in Oneida County Court Thursday.
Paul Bumbolo, 21, faces one count of first-degree and three counts of second-degree murder. A Utica City Court judge had ordered Bumbolo to undergo a psychiatric exam during an initial arraignment last month. Those tests have been completed, the public defender's office said, however the results will not be made public until Bumbolo's next court appearance next week.
Luke Nebush of public defender's office said if the findings indicate that Bumbolo is not competent to stand trail he would likely be ordered to a psychiatric facility. If deemed competent, preparations would begin for a possible trial. The district attorney's office could make also an offer in exchange for a guilty plea, Nebush said.
Triple murder suspect incoherent during court appearance