Keeler Show Notes for Friday, July 24th, 2015
Friday, July 24th, 2015
Today we have one of our biggest guests ever on the phone live! We will also speak with Craig Muder about the Baseball Hall of Fame induction weekend, and much more!
6 AM Hour
- There was a movie theatre shooting in LaFayette, Louisiana. There may also be a sister planet to earth and Stephen Hawking is offering big money for proof of life on another planet. We also will have a huge guest at 7:05 and Andrew believes it's his best booking yet.
- Who is this mystery guest that Andrew booked? We take some calls from listeners to guess. The Turning Stone is experiencing a power outage including restaurants, the spa, and more.
- We finally get a correct guess on our surprise guest. It is MLB Commissioner Robert Manfred and it's Vicky from Stittville who guesses correctly. We will talk to the Rome native and commissioner at around 7:05.
- We talk to our favorite movie reviewer Willie Waffle. He gives us his take on Pete Rose, the movie theatre shooting, and he reviews 'Ant Mat,' 'Train Wreck,' and 'Pixels.'
7 AM Hour
- Robert Manfred is the Major League Baseball Commissioner and he is also a native from Rome. We ask him about expansion, the importance of in-ballpark experiences to the league, the pace of the game, and of course we check in with him about the Pete Rose situation and his future. He talks about what he misses most about Central New York.
- We talk about what we've taken away from our interview with MLB Commissioner Robert Manfred. We speak with Jackie Izzo about Honor America Days and the events that it will consist of. There are a ton of events planned and it will be a really amazing weekend.
- Craig Muder is the Director of Communications for the National Baseball Hall of Fame and we talk to him about our interview with the MLB Commissioner, Pete Rose, and of course Hall of Fame induction weekend. This really is a magical weekend.
- We also speak with Fred Matt of the F.X. Matt Brewing Company about a couple of topics including the trolleys and the Budweiser Clydesdales. Fred speaks very frankly about the Clydesdale situation.
8 AM Hour
- We talk about a story where a cat was neutered and it realized when it worked up and screamed for an hour! Williams also calls up to talk about the Syracuse Sky Chiefs game and he gives his thoughts on the low attendance. We have a conversation with Councilman Frank Vescera about his thoughts on the demolition of old buildings.
- We talk with Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi about NANO, Assembly Speaker Heastie touring Upstate New York, and the minimum wage increase for fast food workers.
- We wrap for the week talking about Jeff's need for face time.