Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Today we had a packed show including Willie Waffle, Don Marinelli from Carnegie Mellon, and we sample our Craft Beer of the Week.
6 AM Hour
- Pieces of a plane have been found on a beach, Joyce Mitchell is the prison worker who helped Richard Matt and David Sweat escape gives details on how she helped, and a Campus Security officer shot and killed a man in Cincinnati.
- Do you have a backup alarm? What do you use to wake up? Should your alarm be loud or soft?
- Tom Brady's 4 game suspension has been upheld and now the Player's Association is appealing on his behalf. We discuss some aspects of the case including the smashed phone with Joe Hobika.
- Willie Waffle is our weekend movie reviewer, but today we talk to him more about the Tom Brady suspension and he gives us a preview of the movies coming up this weekend including the 'Vacation' remake. He also previews the new 'Mission Impossible' movie.
7 AM Hour
- We hear from Greeley Ford of Classified plugging his show at Taste of Lebanon. We also speak with Don Marinelli who is the co-founder of the world-renowned Carnegie Mellon Entertainment Technology Center in with the Community Foundation's Cassandra Baber. He is the speaker for their Speaker series. He talks to us about the parallels between Pittsburgh and Utica. Don has experienced it all.
- Steve Falvo is in studio from the Easy Money Big Band and he's in to promote the final Monday Night at Hanna Park of the year and the success of this Summer's event.
- Dave Mevoli is from Brewery Ommegang and he has some new beers of us to sample and some awesome swag! He also talks about the importance of locally grown hops. He is on a trip with the Ommegang RV introducing people to great craft beer.
- We are joined by Naegele from McCraith and we play another edition of Stump Bill/iTunes music service and we get a couple stumps!
8 AM Hour
- We have Naegele and Rick Lewis in to talk about some craft beer and the new show 'The Beer Next Door.' We also talking about the qualms of a wedding DJ.
- We speak with Peter Cikora from local CWA 1126 talking about why there is a need for Verizon FIOS in our area and why it is necessary and possible. He also talks about the labor disputes. We also talk to Naegele about the 'White Gold' beer from Ithaca Brewing Company and Rick Lewis about the premiere episode of 'The Beer Next Door.'
- We speak with John Bonomo from Verizon and he's on to talk about the reasons as to why Verizon FIOS is not in our area yet and he also addresses the labor disputes issue.
- We speak with Mike Maccione from The American Legion tournament at Murnane Field (Donovan Stadium) and Susan Murad to promote an event taking place at Players of Utica for the reunion of REVOLUTION.