Keeler Show Notes for Friday, October 24th, 2014
Friday, October 24th, 2014
- Big weekend of hockey this weekend! Friday and Saturday, the Utica Comets play at home. A blog came out with the Top 6 places to watch a hockey game in the world and Utica was #4. MSG was #1 on the list.
- Ebola in New York City now. It is a doctor who was working in West Africa that went bowling and felt the symptoms. Once he started to feel them, he quarantined himself. Cuomo must address the issue today.
- Rob Astorino was in Ilion last night and we will speak with him later this morning.
- We talk about the sniper cop killer in Pennsylvania and how there is a man who is being mistaken for him.
- We talk about some other news stories and we speak with Ray Stagich!
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
- St. Vincent - Bill Murray is a kooky guy who agrees to babysit Melissa McCarthy's 12-year old son after school.
- Ouija - A group of friends start messing around with a Ouija board, and spirits from the other side start to show up!
- John Wick - Keanu Reeves is a former hitman who has to come out of retirement to go after the guys who wronged him. Whoa!
Before you go to the movies, make sure you check out: www.wafflemovies.com.
Brandon Lang - Week 8 NFL Picks
- Brandon is a professional sports book handicapper and he is also a former college football star and was the inspiration for the movie "Two For The Money."
Go to Brandon's Website: www.brandonlang.com. Click on the "All Access" Pass at the top of his website for your 24-hour free access to all games.
Rob Astorino - Westchester County Executive
- The Republican Gubernatorial candidate is on to talk about Anthony Picente's endorsement of Andrew Cuomo and he discussed the debate. He also addresses the doctor in New York City who has been diagnosed with Ebola.
They Say It's Your Birthday!
- Collin Healey from Utica
- Marco Salerno from Utica
- Mike Cardone from Marcy
- Maryann Mantelli from Rome
- Wanda Arcuri from Utica
- Our very own Dave Wheeler from New Hartford
Free Money Question of the Day #1 and Peter Franklin
- We do our first free money question of the day and our contestant is Mike in Utica! The question was: New York was the 11th state to join the Union. When will the state celebrate it's tricentennial. He guessed 2096 and the correct answer is 2088. He still wins dinner for 2 at Carmella's and two tickets to the Haunted Rails Ghost Train.
- Peter Franklin is the Gabby Cabby and he usually talks with us on Wednesdays, but today we talk to him about the doctor in NYC who has been diagnosed with Ebola.
- The UPD held a prostitution sting and Bill gives his feelings on it and we discuss it. One of the men accused is taking to Facebook claiming that he is a cab driver who was simply offering a ride to the undercover officer.
Prostitution In Utica
- Ed calls in to give his points on the prostitution situation. It's not a comment you would expect.
- We also talk to Lt. Steve Hauck about the sting and the prostitution situation. Lt. Hauck also addresses the man on Facebook who says he was simply a cab driver trying to give someone a ride.
Anna D'Ambrosio - MWPAI
- Before we get to Anna, Bill plays the audio of the Sarah Palin family brawl.
- Anna is the Director and Chief Curator at MWPAI. Anna is on to talk about the latest exhibit at Munson Williams. It's a Tiffany Stained Glass window exhibit!
- We talk to Tom, longtime listener, about his concerns over the Little Falls people coming to Utica just for prostitutes. He also talks about a buy local event in the Valley and we try to get some info out of him on the Irish Fest.
- We play some more audio from the Palin Family Brawl. This time it's a male member of the family.
Free Money Question of the Day #2 and Cindy Phillips
- We talk with Cindy Chan Phillips from the Beef Council to talk about the nutritional side of beef and our weight loss challenge. Cindy believes what we're doing is great! She talks about what drives people to make healthy decisions.
- Dave also calls up to talk about his thoughts on the Palin situation.