Keeler Show Notes for Friday, February 20th, 2015
Friday, February 20th, 2015
Today we still mourn the loss of a Central New York icon. Joe Tahan has passed away at the age of 95. In for Kristine today is Assemblyman Marc Butler and we will speak with Fred Breglia from the Landis Arboretum who will be coming to Hamilton College.
- Local legend Joe Tahan has passed away at the age of 95. We also preview some of the guests we will speak with today.
- Assemblyman Marc Butler is in for Kristine today and we recap the series finale of 'Two and a Half Men' and all the slams at Charlie Sheen. We also talk about the new show 'Slap.'
- A news station in Alabama made a huge deal out of water freezing in a cup.
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
McFarland USA - Kevin Costner is the most inspirational track coach ever!
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - It's a Hot Tub that sends people through time, in case you missed the first one.
Before you go to the movies, visit http://wafflemovies.com.
- We discuss the charges against former Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver and the antics of Don Lemon. Also, has Bill O'Reilly pulled a Brian Williams?
Truth or Crap
- We give Jim the chance to win tickets to see Craig Ferguson at the Turning Stone and despite some struggles, he gets the tickets.
George Carpenter - Carpenter & Damsky
- George Carpenter is the man responsible for the Joe Tahan's commercials and is the voice at the beginning of the ads. He reflects on his time working with Joe Tehan and the man he was. We also get the background behind the philosophical messages.
- The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce is holding an awesome event on Friday, February 27th. It's the Sweater Ball at Vernon Downs. Your chance to win a nice package coming later this morning.
Adam Goodman - Political Communications Strategist
- Before we to talk to Adam, JoJo calls up. Adam is on to talk about the comments from Obama in regards to ISIS terrorists. He shares his thoughts on how the ISIS situation should be handled with regards to PR.
- We bring up the fact that Jeff is possibly being taken advantage of and Fran calls up with an interesting factoid about Woolworth's. The store started her in Utica in the 1970's. He also gives us a clean joke!
Fred Breglia - Landis Arboretum
- Before we get to Fred, we talk briefly about Gallagher and his trees. Fred is a certified arborist and he works for Landis Arboretum and he's coming to Hamilton College. He talks about all things trees and what can harm trees. Bill asks about the trees in his yard.
Truth or Crap 2.0
- We play this great game again to give Bob the chance to win dinner for 2 at Carmella's and the chance to be in the running for the amazing Sweater Ball package!